Afternoon Teas Served in the Tea Room
We ask that anyone with COVID or a cold, cough or flu-like symptoms not to attend, but to postpone their visit for the safety of other guests and staff and ourselves.
Access to the tea room remains strictly limited to pre-booked (24hr prior) Afternoon Teas & collections by arrangement. Only one table reservation per half hour from 12noon until 3pm to allow for checkin and to verbally go through tea selection, [as all menus have been removed (available online)], brew according to taste and to deliver the afternoon teas.
Advice is given regarding the toilets, as we have added a lock to the entrance door for sole use, to use the sensor hand sanitiser on entry. Taps & hand soap have been changed to sensor & we will provide disposable toilet seat covers and anti-bacterial wipes on request. Please note that baby changing is not available in the inside toilets, only in the external disabled toilets so please be aware that there is an increased risk in these areas for both babies and disabled due to the toilets being used by the Green Kitchen & Loule Boutique.
All tables are cleaned thoroughly with anti-bacterial cleaners, and all fabric with a special fabric anti-bacterial. In order to maintain the feel of a Victorian Tea Room, we have chosen to have some tables as display, fully dressed with tables cloths, runners etc, however to keep customers safe, only selected tables will have antique table cloths until further notice and these will be fully washed after each use. Sugar bowls, with lace covers are display only and washed after each use, & sugar only provided by request. EPNS silver salt & pepper are still used, but are disinfected after each use.
We prefer card payments, and although the card machine is regularly cleaned, we offer hand sanitiser at the till.
For your peace of mind, we hold a Cheshire West & Chester 5 star Food Hygiene certificate and have extensively researched to understand what we are dealing with to try and keep you, our staff and ourselves safe during this Pandemic, and have where necessary sought clarification with Cheshire West & Chester Regulatory Services.
Delivered Afternoon Teas
Bookings are made via the website or phone and paid in full & prepared in our kitchen using ingredients/supplies from known sources. Alterations have been made to make our kitchen more COVID safe, and staff are screened, temperature checked & wear PPE. Delivered afternoon teas are carried in a food safe cool box in our own van & delivered by ourselves, socially distanced and we wear face covering & hand sanitise before & after each delivery.
As we have to have some commitment in order to refuse bookings when we are fully booked, we require a £10 per adult / £5 per child (non-refundable) deposit, however we do allow cancellations up to 9.30am on the day if customers call & speak to us, 07733385342 or the main line 01606 853241 so deposits / gift vouchers may be transferred to a later date, otherwise it will be loss of deposit, please DO NOT leave a message on the answerphone or email as this may not be picked up until later in the day when all preparations for your afternoon tea has been made.
For notified cancellations, deposits will be transferred to another afternoon tea booking up to 1 year from the date of cancellation. Please be aware that although we are being extremely careful ourselves, limiting contact outside the tea room, there is always a chance that we too may have to close for our own health reasons or by Government instruction, and we will advise customers at our earliest convenience. Deposits will be transferred to a mutually agreeable date within one year from cancellation to any of our afternoon tea products.
Please do not come to the Tea Room if you have:
- a high temperature – hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means that it is different to normal
- although by the nature of our type of tea room, most of our bookings are adult only, if you are bringing a child, as children may not experience any of the above symptoms, if they complain of a headache to keep others safe, please postpone your visit
- Research suggests that 33% of people do not exhibit any symptoms whatsoever, so if anyone in your party feels not quite right, if you are able to, please take a lateral flow COVID test and only come in if you are feeling healthy, that way we are all doing our bit to maintain a destination for people to enjoy something special whatever the reason. We do carry stocks of COVID tests if you are unsure at a cost of £2 and take 15 mins for the result.